Pheromone Traps are available in BP Trap, SP Traps and Delta Trap Models.
Controls Leaf miner, Fruit and shoot borer, Stem borer, Bollworm.
Insects use pheromones to communicate with each other. Pheromones are the natural compounds that are created in the body of an insect. Pheromone Traps uses sex pheromones to lure insects. A pheromone impregnated lure is encased inside the trap. These pheromones are chemically synthasized in the laboratory as required for different species of insects. These lures are used to attract male insects into the pheromone traps, thus stopping the union of male and female insects. This process eliminates the chance of laying eggs and controls the insect population.
Benefits of using Pheromone Traps:
- To Identify which insect species is present and to monitor adult moth activity.
- Pheromone traps can be used to determine the period of accumulation.
- To plan insecticide applications according to the number of moths.
- Also to calculate the insect population density and their yearly population trends.
- Economical, eco-friendly and ease of installation, less maintenance.
- These traps supports beneficial insects to multiply and controls pests effectively and naturally.Well suited for organic farming. Helps in reducing conventional pesticide activity.
- Start using from 7-10 days of the crop stage. Arrange the traps at an appropriate height of the crop, Never handle different lures at a time.
- Lures must be changed for every 30days. Use clean hands while handling Lures.
- Observe trap catches every 2-3 days to know the pest incidence and intensity in advance. Hence the pest control measures could be taken at right time.
- Encourage and include your neighbouring cultivators of same crop to use pheromone traps, so that the pest can be controlled effectively.
Identify pest incidence & intensity in time, protect your crop.